Sunday, February 5, 2012

President's Message - November 2011


The next social will be the annual Christmas Party at Ashburn Golf and Country Club on Wednesday, December 7, 2011.  This will be my final event as your President.  Working with our very enthusiastic Board over the past two years has been very special with great cooperation and teamwork.  We had very well attended socials, increased our membership and made improved use of the electronic world.  At this time we say farewell to Gary Upham as a member of the Board and welcome the return of Lionel and Lily Conrod.

I will continue as your Past President for the next two years. Lionel will assume the President role and Lily will handle the Vice President’s role.  Gerry Tilley and Marie Rose will continue as Secretary and Treasurer.  Ann McAleese will provide Outreach services.  Carl Brown and Judy Rafuse will continue on the Board as Directors.  I wish all the Board well in the future and I know that the club remains in good hands with the leadership provided by Lionel.

 My Special Feature this Newsletter is Hedley Myers.  I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the Newsletter preparation.


Sincerely

Ben Weeks - President